If you are considering to residein the United States or Canada, several investment and permanent residency pathways are there that can help you live and work and eventually become a citizen.
Our distinguished Immigration lawyers will find best options for business persons and investors looking to settle down in these countries with the best way possible to get a residency.
While the fast-track business and investment programs are no doubt faster and hassle-free ways to immigrate, they include being able to invest the required amount and meeting the criteria of these respective countries.
What makes the business programs worthwhile is the fast track process of getting a Permanent Residency with relaxed qualifying criteria, reasonable investment and easily achievable language benchmark or educational qualification.
Under the business resettlement programs for USA, the EB-5 Investor Visa is the best way to get a USA Green Card.
Just invest an amount of not less than $500,000 in one of the Government Approved Regional Centers of America.
The purpose of the EB-5 Program is to promote the immigration of people who can help create jobs for US workers through their investment of capital into the US economy. The program is based on promoting immigration of people who invest their capital in new, restructured, or expanded businesses and projects in the United States and help create or preserve needed jobs for workers by doing so.
In the EB-5 Program, immigrants who invest their capital in job-creating businesses and projects in the United States receive conditional permanent resident status in the United States for a two-year period.After two years, if the immigrants have satisfied the conditions of the EB-5 Program and other criteria of eligibility, the conditions are removed and the immigrants become unconditional lawful permanent residents of the United States.
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP)is considered as one of the best program for settling down in Canada. To qualify as an investor, an individual must have a net worth of at least CAD$1.6 million, have managerial experience and willing to make a refundable investment of CAD$800,000 for a period of five years.
Financing is available through Canadian financial institutions. Provincial Nominee Program also offers a chance to get permanent residency of Canada with family.The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) is passive in nature, meaning that individuals selected under its sponsorships are not required to establish or actively manage a business in the province. Rather, the program requires an investment of CAD$800,000 into a prescribed (government guaranteed) investment.
Applicants must have the intention of settling in the French speaking province of Quebec. Successful applicants are issued a selection certificate from Quebec, which allows them to obtain Canadian permanent residence following health and criminality examinations by Federal immigration authorities.
Based on a secure, entirely predictable and passive investment, the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) – run by Canada’s French-speaking province – is the only one of its kind in Canada. It’s guaranteed investment, affordable financing option and overall stability have made it one of the most popular business immigration programs in the global market. But times may be changing. Because immigration is a matter over which the province of Quebec and the federal government both enjoy jurisdiction, Quebec was allowed to keep its program up and running even after federal authorities shut down their equivalent program in February 2014. Today, the QIIP remains the only investmentimmigration program in Canada to be, like its former federal counterpart, entirely bond-based. With an investment guaranteed by a state agency, it does not require job creation or active participation in a private business.
Minimum net worth: C$ 1.6 million (may also include assets of the main applicant’s spouse).
Investment: C$ 220,000 financed investment or refundable C$ 800,000 five-year guaranteed investment at 0 percent interest.
Management Experience: Two years within the last five years.
Application Fee: C$ 10,000 flat fee payable to the Quebec government. The amount covers the application fee for the principal applicant, accompanying spouse and all accompanying dependent children.
Family members authorized under application: Applicant, spouse, and accompanying dependent children under 19 years old at the time of filing. The program is open to 1,750 applicants worldwide, of which no more than 1,200 are allowed from China. Residency: Applicants must sign a declaration confirming their firm intent to settle in Quebec.
|Investment amount||USD 500,000 or USD 1,000,000||Full cash option: CAD 800,000 (redeemable at 0% interest after 5 years); or Financed option: minimum of CAD 220,000 (not redeemable)|
|Investment type||At risk, active investment in an approved project. Must create 10 jobs per investment||Secure, passive investment in a government-issued bond. No need to create jobs or be involved in a business.|
|Duration of Investment||Determined by the project, and on the necessary time to meet the program’s requirements, but often 5-6 years||5 years|
|Net worth requirement||None||CAD 1.6 million|
|Net assets and income declaration||Must demonstrate legal accumulation of amount used to make the investment||All assets and all sources of income must be declared, even if the income/assets are not used to meet the CAD 1.6 million net assets requirement|
|Source of funds||Must demonstrate legal accumulation of USD 500,000 or USD 1,000,000, depending on investment||Must support all sources of income since the beginning of the applicant’s career|
|Management experience requirement||None||2 years of management experience in the last 5 years preceding the application|
|Visa issued||Conditional Green Card, removal of conditions after 2 years||Certificate of Selection of Quebec. The CSQ is not a visa, but rather a document that is then used to apply for a permanent resident visa with Canadian federal authorities. The visa is a regular Canadian permanent resident visa; there is no extra step involving the removal of conditions.|
|Processing Time||I-526 petition approval: approx. 12 months;
Conditional PR visa: 2 years
I-829 approval: approx. 12 months
|Step 1 - Quebec processing for PRC applicants: approx. 18-24 months
Step 2 - Federal processing for PRC applicants: approx. 24 months
|2015 Quota/Retrogression||10,000 visas allocated each year for the EB-5
Visas cap includes visas issued to spouses and dependent children
|1,750 applications per yearly intake, of which no more than 1,200 applications can come from China. The quota is calculated in terms of applications, not number of actual visas issued, and each application may include spouses and dependent children.
Since 2015, the quota is split among a limited number of authorized financial intermediaries.
1) Canada immigration rules are not as rigorous when compared to other countries, hence is much easier to qualify. Even in the face of world recession, Canada has not cut down on its Immigration quota, so it is still the biggest immigration delivery support hub for all.
2) Canada offers a dynamic range of immigration and visa programs for the employed, self-employed and businessmen categories and for those not qualified under the Immigration programs, the country still offers non-immigrant options such as work permit and student programs and majority of these programs offer permanent resident visa and Immigration.
3) This country also offers the most supporting social security benefits program for immigrants and their families. Canada’s educational and health facilities are among the best in the world and are highly subsidized.
4) Jobs in Canada are also high as the country provides numerous countless job opportunities for qualified and skilled migrants.
5) Canada’s minimum wage as of October 1, 2015 will increase to $10.50. So it has one of the best salary benefits for workers around the world with good working conditions.
6) A Canadian passport holder also enjoys a visa free travel for almost all major countries across the world. This is one major reason why businessmen, high net worth individuals and investors apply for Canadian Immigration and best handled by experts at Third House International.
7) It also has no restriction to place of job service as it permits the residents to live and work anywhere in Canada. This country gives right to religion, culture, language choice and the freedom of communication.
8) Canada also provides excellent trade and personal growth opportunities.
9) It also has a vast wealth of natural resources and minerals, which is an economic blessing to the nation and also a direct foreign investment channel.
And funnily, Canada is likely the only place in the world where you can crash into someone, and they will apologize to you. They are actually the politest people ever existing on earth because they are happy folks.
We are teamed with experienced Immigration lawyer. Talk to us today.